You will lost consumer confidence and online conversions if no SSL cert on website.
- Leading search engines like Google offer SEO perks to HTTPS pages over identical HTTP versions
- Visitors can verify you are a registered business and that you own the domain
- Visitors trust your site because they can see data they submit is encrypted and cannot be intercepted
- Customers are more likely to trust and complete purchases from your site
- To encrypt and authenticate sensitive information from your website to your server